… at the Historic Grand Prix Circuit of Zandvoort
The V8 Thunder event will run from Friday til Sunday 27-29 July 2018 and is a one-off race event at the Dutch National Circuit of Zandvoort. The weekend starts with a track day, morning or afternoon on the Friday. The Open Pit Lane format stands for loads of track time. A great way to kick off that weekend, familiarize or reacquaint yourself with a track, that often hosted the most exciting race of the Grand Prix season. The Saturday and Sunday will see one 25″ qualifying session and two 25″ races. This event is for all pre’77 (sports) cars and replicas, using American Muscle, a.o. the Chevrolet Camaros, Vettes, Ford GT40, Cobra, MGBV8, Morgan +8 and many more. Later period cars, that fit the ambiance of the grid, are welcome.
- You only pay one entry fee for the race weekend, forget those needless membership- and registration-fees.
- All you need is a national [A] or EU licence.
- Leave your HTP papers at home, you won’t be needing them.
- Are you in doubt whether your car would be eligible? Than contact Pieter BAKKER and mail him any question you might have.
Make sure that you join the first V8 Thunder at Zandvoort and register your interest below. Registrations will be listed in “first paid, first served” order. Entry fee for this race event is €450. You’ll find your payment details in the confirmation mail that you’ll receive when sending this registration mail.
Quickly fill out the form below and … send today!
Access to the circuit for visitors fo the V8 Thunder event, on the Friday and the Saturday, is free. The Friday is a Track Day for competition and competitive street cars. Tickets to participate on this Track Day can be bought on location and on the day only. Visitors are invited to participate. The Main Gate opens at 07:30H and registering starts as from 08:00H in Room #8, above the pit boxes. Late afternoon the first race cars will arrive in the Technical Centre for their technical scrutineering. On the Saturday morning, from 07:30H, we’ll continue with technical scrutineering, followed by the qualifying sessions and one or two races. On the Sunday, the first 100 visitors, arriving in their classic car, are allowed free access to the circuit. And that includes the co-driver. Cars are invited to park in the Zandvoort paddock. Should you want to play it safe, visitors can also buy their tickets on-line. The first race on the Sunday will start at 09:00H. The day will close somewhere after 17:00H.
Click here and Buy your Zandvoort Sunday tickets on-line.
Never been to this historic Grand Prix track before? Click the YouTube below and enjoy the flow of this classic Grand Prix circuit of Zandvoort. See how the Morgan’s fight it out together and you’ll understand why this circuit always delivered the most spectacular F1 race of the season in period. Click and enjoy watching …
V8 Thunder 2018
The first Zandvoort street race was organized on June 3, 1939. A permanent race track was only constructed until after WWII. The circuit was inaugurated on August 7, 1948 and it was in 1949, that we saw the first Dutch Grand prix. Through the years the circuit length varied until the current circuit was constructed in 1999 with a length of 4.300 kilometers (2.672 mls). The circuit of Zandvoort is located only 75mtrs away from the sea front and wedged between two nature areas, north and south of the little beach town Zandvoort. Constructed in the Dunes, the circuit is rather undulating and features many elevation changes. The corners are of many different cambers and angles. Particularly the notorious ‘Scheivlak’ corner, which goes up and down and to the right, all at the same time. The ‘Tarzan’ hairpin at the end of the straight still is one of the most famous corners in motor racing today.
- Track map Circuit Zandvoort.
How to get there
- Map – Travel distances to Zandvoort.
- Book from the widest choice of cheap ferries at ferrysavers.com.
- Put this addres in your car navigation: Burgemeester van Alphenstraat 108, NL-2041KP Zandvoort.
The number of entries we accept, is always limited to the number of cars which are allowed to race. You therefore will never end up on any reserve list. Once your entry has been confirmed, you are guaranteed to race.
- Minimum race licence requirement National A or EU licence. Licences must always show an EU flag!
- If you visit from outside the EU, ask your National ASN for an authorisation to race in this EU event.
- Although we advise the use of HANS, it is not obligatory for this event.
- Driver clothing must be in accordance with the latest FIA regulations [check expire dates].
- Entries are subject to the Legendary Circuits Series regulations as found on this website.
- Two-driver teams are welcome.
- You will NOT be needing any entry- and/or paddock-tickets upon arrival for team members and motorhomes.
- Trailers – even if a toolbox is fixed to the trailer – are NOT allowed in the paddock.
- Paddock lay-out and entry-list will be added to the facebook album, in the week before the event. Results sheets two days after.
- Own secluded paddock area, where camping is allowed.
- NH Hotel opposite the main gate of the Circuit of Zandvoort [walking distance]. Click here and book on-line.
- Plenty of comfortable country hotels and B&B opportunities available in the area.
Note: Teams camping in the paddock are requested to move to the parking lot behind the Grand Stand right after the event.
All drivers will receive a commemorative trophy to remember the weekend .
About the cars
- This race is for all pre’77 (sports) cars and that includes replicas, carrying American Muscle, a.o. the Chevrolet Camaros, Ford GT40, Cobra, MGBV8, Morgan +8 and many more.
- Not sure whether your car would be eligible? Than contact Pieter BAKKER and mail him any question you might have.
Reg’s in short
- Max. noise level 92 dB dynamic.
- Window nets or arm restraint[-s] are compulsary in the Netherlands. Arm restraints can be bought on location and as cheap as €10.
- Transponders can be rented on location.
- Period silhouette must be preserved. Scoops, vents, dams, wheel arches and spoilers may be added. Wings are not permitted.
- Engines are free, electronic injection permitted.
- Drive line as in period, that excludes sequentials.
- Wheels and/or tyres are free [no slicks], but must fit the body.
- Cars are allowed to race without FIA HTP, Vehicle Identification Form or Heritage Certificate.
- Safety spec as per latest version of art. 5 of the ‘FIA App. K regulations’ [click the box in the side bar].
This time schedule is provisional until officially confirmed by the officials of this event.
Last update : 7 May 2018.
V8 Thunder – Timeschedule
Provisional timeschedule for the weekend [3 days].
Friday 27 July 2018 – Track day w. Open Pit Lane format.
Tickets to participate in this Track Day can be bought on location and on the day only.
You’ll find the Track Day administration in VIP Room #8, above the pit boxes.
07:30H – Main gate open.
08:00H – Registering in VIP Room #8.
08:45H – Briefing morning session [obligatory for all Track Day drivers].
09:00H – Open pit lane morning session til 12:00H.
12:00H – Open pitlane afternoon session til 17:00H.
17:00H – TC Building – Signing on + Scrutineering til 19:00H.
23:00H – Paddock closed.
Saturday 28 July 2018 – Qualifying
07:30H – Main gate open.
08:00H – TC Building – Signing on + Scrutineering til 13:00H.
00:00H – TC Building – Drivers briefing [obligatory for all drivers ! ].
00:00H – Qualifying – 25 min’s.
23:00H – Paddock closed.
Sunday 29 July 2018 – Races
07:30H – Main gate open.
00:00H – Race #1 – 25 min’s.
00:00H – Race #2 – 25 min’s.
17:00H – Meeting ends.
Don’t hesitate to contact Pieter BAKKER and mail him any question you might have concerning the V8 Thunder event.